Established in 2004 at the instigation of the UK government, ALP is a specialist trade association promoting responsible recruitment and good practice for organisations that supply the workforce to the food processing, agricultural and wider consumer goods supply chain.
The ALP influences government and regulatory policy and provides a range of very useful information and services to its members.
The ALP’s mission is for “UK labour provision to be recognised as a model of global good practice” achieved through six policy focus areas:
- Supply Chain Partner – Driving awareness of the crucial role labour providers undertake in supply chains through the sourcing and supply of a high calibre future workforce.
- Access to Labour – Promoting national policy actions and developing industry capability to maintain ongoing access to an adequate labour supply of all skill levels.
- Fair Charge Rates – Promoting payment of fair charge rates to labour providers that enable business sustainability and do not foster worker exploitation or tax evasion.
- Fair to Workers – Supporting labour providers to meet legal and ethical responsibilities and to treat workers fairly and with respect.
- Fair Competition – Support for clear and proportionate regulation of labour provision that facilitates fair competition.
- Responsible Recruitment – Leading a stakeholder partnership approach to drive continuous improvement in responsible recruitment standards applied by labour providers.
The ALP is governed by a Members’ Council of labour providers with an independent Chairman and Chief Executive and supported by the following team. Meridian's CEO Derek Skelton is a member of the council.
The Association of Labour Providers (ALP) is the specialist trade association promoting responsible recruitment for labour providers. ALP represents and supports its members to ensure that the provision, use and management of labour in our sectors is recognised as a model of good practice.
ALP Members range from small local labour providers to the largest national multi-sector suppliers. All organisations in the supply chain are welcomed as Associate Members.