5 Outrageous Workplace Rules
Figures from a recent CV-Library survey showed that a fifth of UK workers feel that their employer doesn’t have faith in them as staff as a result of workplace limitations.
Five most ridiculous workplace rules categories:
1. Toilet troubles: Many respondents reported that they either had a strict time frame in which to go to the toilet (three minutes), had to ask to use the toilet facilities, and were even searched before going to the toilet.
2. Dress code dilemmas: Some respondents reported that they had to wear particular coloured clothes to match the business, women weren’t allowed to wear trousers, and one individual even said that they were sent home for not dressing down.
3. Silent treatment: Some employees stated that they weren’t allowed to talk out loud apart from when in the staff room, while others said that they weren’t allowed to say hello to a customer, only ‘good morning’, or ‘good afternoon’.
4. Time keeping: If you’re two minutes late in one business you’ll have your pay docked by 15 minutes, and in another you aren’t allowed to travel further than 20 metres away from the building at lunch in case you’re late back!
5. Beverage blunders: Some workplaces won’t allow their staff to drink water and another will not let workers carry drinks up and down the stairs. What’s more, one company won’t let employees have drinks on their desk in case they get spilt.