Welcome to The Work Look, Meridian’s first blog for fashion styling tips. Discover great office fashions, what’s appropriate in the workplace and how to wow at interviews. Today we’ll take a look at makeup.
Interview makeup: ladies keep it clean and simple. Leave the fake lashes and array of colourful eye shadows at home. Remember, you want to show your employers your ability and skills in work, not your perfectly flicked eyeliner look. The polished makeup trend, already a classic look on the catwalk, is perfect for interviews too. This gives you a natural look that isn’t over the top.
Here are some products to achieve this look.
|(1) Mac Powder Blush Fleur Power - Coral £17.50 (2) Boujois Liner Effect Mascara £9.49 (3) Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil £2.99 (4) Boujois Radiance Reveal Healthy Mix Foundation £9.99 (5) Benefit Watts Up Soft Focus Highlighter for Face £24.50|
Tips for this look
- Apply foundation in natural lighting and blend well!
- Less is more! Don’t go overboard with the makeup, it is only to enhance your natural features
- Give your lashes a good curl
- Your eyebrow pencil can double up as your eyeliner – keep the line close to the lash line, no flicks of any sort
- Go over your eyebrow pencils with a brush to blend and soften the look
- And if you have excellent make up skills use highlighter to enhance your features
Meridian Business Support is the Recruitment Specialist and a National Recruitment Agency that provides permanent and temporary roles across a variety of industries.