Web developers design, build and maintain websites and web applications to meet their client's needs.
The Skills Required
You will need:
excellent web and database programming skills
a good appreciation of design, usability and interactivity
creative skills to turn clients' ideas into workable plans
excellent problem-solving skills
a willingness to work flexibly
the ability to follow exact instructions
an understanding of web development standards
the ability to work to deadlines
a commitment to keep up to date with technology
an appreciation of commercial pressures
the ability to work alone or as part of a team
You would normally need a foundation degree, HND or degree in an IT-related subject. Relevant subjects include:
web development or web design
digital media development
web content management
business information systems
Crofton is a village near Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England, about 4 miles (6 km) south-east of the city, some 6 miles (10 km) to the west of the town of Pontefract, and 4 miles (6 km) from the town of Featherstone. The population of the civil parish at the time of the 2011 census was 5,781. Crofton is located on the A638 road that runs between Wakefield and Doncaster and serves as the village's lifeline. There are several bus routes which run from Crofton:
• 148, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Knottingley and Pontefract via Crofton.
• 195/196, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Hemsworth via Crofton and Walton.
• 485, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to South Elmsall via Ackworth Crofton and Agbrigg.
• 496/497, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Upton via Belle Vue, Crofton and South Elmsall.
• The P2/6, Poppletons Coaches – Pontefract to Wakefield via NEW College, North Featherstone, Ackton, Sharlston, Crofton and Walton