As web content manager you will be responsible for the information that appears on a company's website.
- good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- an understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright financial management and negotiating skills
- confident presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships with clients and partners
- good teamworking skills
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure
- an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- the ability to write for a target audience
- creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- attention to detail, for example when proofreading
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work.
You will need an undergraduate degree in a computer science field. Some employers may accept a degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications or writing,
Entry-level web content management positions typically require a certificate or associate's degree; although more advanced positions may require a bachelor's degree
This small and rural town not far from Oxford is a stunning countryside location, whilst not being overly secluded. Our Meridian branch in Witney is based in the town centre, which has ample places to shop and offers various daytime activities, such as a Cineworld and Witney and District Museum.
Whilst Whitney itself doesn’t have its own train station, it is not far from the train station at Hanborough, which is only a short drive down the A4095. Being so close to Oxford, Witney can be accessed via many major road routes, such as the A40, M40 and A420. Oxford similarly has its own train station, so you really aren’t stuck for travel options, despite being a more rural town. Witney therefore balances a quieter and less demanding life which may be the case in a major city, without being too isolated from travel and shopping options.