As web content manager you will be responsible for the information that appears on a company's website.
- good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- an understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright financial management and negotiating skills
- confident presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships with clients and partners
- good teamworking skills
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure
- an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- the ability to write for a target audience
- creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- attention to detail, for example when proofreading
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work.
You will need an undergraduate degree in a computer science field. Some employers may accept a degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications or writing,
Entry-level web content management positions typically require a certificate or associate's degree; although more advanced positions may require a bachelor's degree
Taunton is a large town, located in the county of Somerset in the South-West of England. The town is rich in history and has many picturesque locations which are a must-see. To name but a few of these, there is the Museum of Somerset, Vivary Park and the Tudor Tavern. With history dating back to the 11th Century with the Norman invasion, Taunton has some magnificently stunning historic buildings, including the aforementioned Tudor Tavern and the Saint Mary Magdalene Church. Blended with the historic architecture are various shopping and retail locations,
Despite possibly sounding rather isolated and quiet, Taunton is still easily travelled to and from, with good road connections for travel by car, including the M5 and A38, and also has its own Taunton Railway Station as an additional means of travel.