As web content manager you will be responsible for the information that appears on a company's website.
- good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- an understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright financial management and negotiating skills
- confident presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships with clients and partners
- good teamworking skills
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure
- an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- the ability to write for a target audience
- creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- attention to detail, for example when proofreading
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work.
You will need an undergraduate degree in a computer science field. Some employers may accept a degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications or writing,
Entry-level web content management positions typically require a certificate or associate's degree; although more advanced positions may require a bachelor's degree
Home to many infamous sights, the southern town of Salisbury is a great place to live and work and has a thriving tourism economy. Located in the south of England, not far from Southampton, Bath and Bournemouth, there are several unmissable and world-famous tourist attractions in the area, most notably the Stonehenge. But this should not overshadow the other numerous attractions in the town, including Salisbury Cathedral, Stourhead Gardens, and Old Sarum. There are also more artisan attractions, such as the Salisbury Farmer’s Market and Charter Market, which are both great visits for tourists and locals alike.
Due to its thriving tourist demand, it is necessary for Salisbury to keep on top of its travelling options. For this reason, there are no shortage of major roads around the town, including the A36 and the A30. Salisbury train station also provides and additional means of transport to further afield locations around the south of England. Whilst Salisbury itself does not offer an international airport, Southampton airport is only 45 minutes’ drive away.