As web content manager you will be responsible for the information that appears on a company's website.
- good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- an understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright financial management and negotiating skills
- confident presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships with clients and partners
- good teamworking skills
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure
- an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- the ability to write for a target audience
- creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- attention to detail, for example when proofreading
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work.
You will need an undergraduate degree in a computer science field. Some employers may accept a degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications or writing,
Entry-level web content management positions typically require a certificate or associate's degree; although more advanced positions may require a bachelor's degree
A rapidly growing town in England’s south, notorious for its unorthodox urban planning, Milton Keynes is a staple town in Buckinghamshire. With lots to offer for residents and tourists alike, you are never short of entertainment options in the area. With the large indoor skiing and snowboarding slope Snozone, or the famed Gulliver’s Travels Theme Park, or more natural and scenic activities such as Willen Lake and Bletchley Park, there are countless attractions and possible day’s out in the area.
Travel in and around the town is made easy as well due to the location of Milton Keynes; it works as somewhat of a halfway point between London and Birmingham. For this reason, the M1 runs right alongside the town, as do many major roads such as the A5 and A421. There are also various train stations around the town, including Bletchley, Milton Keynes Central and Wolverton all being in or on the outskirts of the town. There is also Luton Airport in the neighbouring town of Luton, meaning more elaborate travel around the area is also easily feasible.
The combination of its rapid growth, plentiful travel options, and plethora of entertainment options means Milton Keynes is both a great place to live and work.