As web content manager you will be responsible for the information that appears on a company's website.
- good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- an understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright financial management and negotiating skills
- confident presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships with clients and partners
- good teamworking skills
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure
- an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- the ability to write for a target audience
- creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- attention to detail, for example when proofreading
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work.
You will need an undergraduate degree in a computer science field. Some employers may accept a degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications or writing,
Entry-level web content management positions typically require a certificate or associate's degree; although more advanced positions may require a bachelor's degree
This beautiful southern city on the south-west peninsular of England borders the coast of the English Channel, and has a wealth of options which make it a great place to live and work. Located in the county of Devon, Exeter is one of the many tourist hotspots in the area. Exeter Cathedral, Powderham Castle and the Underground Passages are some of the many things to do in the city. Being a coastal city, and based on the River Exe, various water-sporting activities are also offered, as a more unique and fun experience.
The M5 continues to run down into the South-West of England, past Exeter, providing a solid means of transport in the seemingly more isolated area. In addition to the M5, a succession of A-roads sprawl out around Exeter, connecting the city with other areas, such as Plymouth, accessible using the A38, or Barnstaple using the A377. Exeter also has multiple train stations, with Exeter St James, Exeter Central and Polsloe Bridge to name but a few. Exeter Airport also lies just eastward of the city, providing additional travel options both for Exeter and the surrounding towns and cities.