As web content manager you will be responsible for the information that appears on a company's website.
- good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- an understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright financial management and negotiating skills
- confident presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships with clients and partners
- good teamworking skills
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure
- an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- the ability to write for a target audience
- creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- attention to detail, for example when proofreading
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work.
You will need an undergraduate degree in a computer science field. Some employers may accept a degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications or writing,
Entry-level web content management positions typically require a certificate or associate's degree; although more advanced positions may require a bachelor's degree
Situated centrally in the mainland British Isles, Derby is a picturesque city, with a pleasant mix of rural and urban landscapes, making it both a practical yet attractive place to live and work.
With several notable parks, historic sites and gardens to visit, Derby flaunts a wide array of historic and beautiful attractions. Yet the city is also supplemented with various shopping locations, such as the Intu Derby and the Derby Market Hall. On top of this, the public transport around Derby is made easy with bus services, Derby railway station, and various coach and private hire services. On top of this, the M6 and M1 both run on opposite sides of the city, meaning travel to further away locations from Derby is easy enough too.
Derby hosts a vast array of rural and scenic locations, whilst still being a developed and growing town in the middle of England, with great transport links in and out of the city.