As web content manager you will be responsible for the information that appears on a company's website.
- good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- an understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright financial management and negotiating skills
- confident presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships with clients and partners
- good teamworking skills
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure
- an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- the ability to write for a target audience
- creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- attention to detail, for example when proofreading
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work.
You will need an undergraduate degree in a computer science field. Some employers may accept a degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications or writing,
Entry-level web content management positions typically require a certificate or associate's degree; although more advanced positions may require a bachelor's degree
The Dearne Valley is an area of South Yorkshire, England, along the River Dearne. It encompasses the towns of Wombwell, Wath-upon Dearne, Swinton, Conisbrough and Mexborough, the large villages of Ardsley, Bolton on Dearne, Goldthorpe, Thurnscoe, Darfield, Stairfoot and Brampton Bierlow, and many other smaller villages and hamlets. In 1995 the area became a regeneration area, as it had suffered much from the sudden decline of the deep coal mining industry in the 1980s. In the 2011 census the ONS-identified Barnsley/Dearne Valley built-up area had a population of 223,281, however this region includes Barnsley and certain other smaller towns and villages that might not historically have considered themselves a part of the Dearne Valley. From Doncaster on the X78 bus it would usually take around 15 minutes, and a bit of walking. Taxi about 11 minutes, and if you choose to walk it could take up to 1hr 36min.