As web content manager you will be responsible for the information that appears on a company's website.
- good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- an understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright financial management and negotiating skills
- confident presentation skills
- the ability to build relationships with clients and partners
- good teamworking skills
- an understanding of online writing issues, such as house style and content structure
- an excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- the ability to write for a target audience
- creative skills to find interesting ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- attention to detail, for example when proofreading
- the ability to give and receive constructive feedback on work.
You will need an undergraduate degree in a computer science field. Some employers may accept a degree in a related area, such as marketing, communications or writing,
Entry-level web content management positions typically require a certificate or associate's degree; although more advanced positions may require a bachelor's degree
A beautiful city located in the heart of Cheshire, it is famed across Britain as one of the most beautiful and history-rich areas in all of the United Kingdom. Boasting impressive landmarks, such as Roman Walls, Cathedrals, and the famous Chester Zoo, tourism and sightseeing in Cheshire is a walk in the park. Cheshire is also not far from the coast, and is conveniently placed, within an hour from Liverpool, Manchester and the Welsh border.
The city is also not far from various motorways, including the M6 and the M56, two well-maintained and commonly used motorways in the North West. The city is also surrounded by many major roads and A-road systems, making it easily accessible and easy to travel to and from across the North West of England. There is also Chester Train Station, should one want to travel a little further or quicker in and out of the city.