Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
This small and rural town not far from Oxford is a stunning countryside location, whilst not being overly secluded. Our Meridian branch in Witney is based in the town centre, which has ample places to shop and offers various daytime activities, such as a Cineworld and Witney and District Museum.
Whilst Whitney itself doesn’t have its own train station, it is not far from the train station at Hanborough, which is only a short drive down the A4095. Being so close to Oxford, Witney can be accessed via many major road routes, such as the A40, M40 and A420. Oxford similarly has its own train station, so you really aren’t stuck for travel options, despite being a more rural town. Witney therefore balances a quieter and less demanding life which may be the case in a major city, without being too isolated from travel and shopping options.