Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Taunton is a large town, located in the county of Somerset in the South-West of England. The town is rich in history and has many picturesque locations which are a must-see. To name but a few of these, there is the Museum of Somerset, Vivary Park and the Tudor Tavern. With history dating back to the 11th Century with the Norman invasion, Taunton has some magnificently stunning historic buildings, including the aforementioned Tudor Tavern and the Saint Mary Magdalene Church. Blended with the historic architecture are various shopping and retail locations,
Despite possibly sounding rather isolated and quiet, Taunton is still easily travelled to and from, with good road connections for travel by car, including the M5 and A38, and also has its own Taunton Railway Station as an additional means of travel.