Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Shipston-on-Stour is a town and civil parish in the Stratford-on-Avon District and is the main settlement of the southern corner (projection) of Warwickshire, England. This area is sometimes termed the Vale of Red Horse, close to Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire. It was a township in the parish of Tredington until 1720: when they were separated by a Local Act of the 6th year of George I. Shipston on Stour is quite accessible for a small town with multiple main roads, a train station called Shipston-on-Stour railway station, and several busses that run through it.