Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Known as one of the more modern and picturesque places in Manchester, our branch in the Salford Quays is but one of many unique and flourishing businesses in the media-orientated section of Greater Manchester.
Surrounded by thriving businesses such as the BBC, ITV, The Lowry Theatre, and the Lowry shopping centre which in and amongst itself is a tourist and local attraction. Not far from other famed Manchester tourist attractions either, such as Manchester United’s very own Old Trafford Football Stadium, The Imperial War Museum, and the rest of Trafford Park.
It is also situated right nearby to Chester Road (A56), one of the most used roads for public transport from Trafford into the City Centre. A plethora of trams and buses all travel in and around Salford Quays to ensure you are never more than ten minutes’ walk from public transport.