Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Rossington is a civil parish and former mining village in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster in South Yorkshire and is surrounded by countryside and the market towns of Bawtry and Tickhill.
Named in Anglo-Saxon meaning 'Farm on the Moor', Roman remains have been found in Rossington. Before Henry VII it was in Nottinghamshire and is made up of a number of hamlets and villages. The expansion in this area came with the growth of the Rossington Main Colliery in the mid-twentieth century. This brought jobs and people to Rossington but the decline of the industry hit the area hard. Today, there has been a lot of money invested in regeneration and it is growing.
Just off the A638 and M18, Rossington boasts easy access around Yorkshire and nearby towns and cities. Doncaster is just 5.2 miles away and that is also where the nearest train station is found. Robin Hood airport is less than 10 minutes by car.