Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Cantley is a village and civil parish in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster in South Yorkshire, England. The village is adjacent to Bessacarr, separated by Bawtry Road. It has a population of 2,830, reducing slightly to 2,817 at the 2011 Census.
Old Cantley was designated a conservation area on 8 August 2004. The Old Cantley conservation area covers the old part of the village from the boundary of Cantley Hall in the west to the village boundary at Nutwell Lane. The focal point of the area is the junction with Green Lane. With the exception of Home Farm, Cantley Hall and its grounds and parkland are excluded from the designation.
The distance between Doncaster and Cantley is 3 miles. Doncaster to Cantley bus services, operated by First, depart from Doncaster Town Centre, Wood Street/Princegate station.