Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Northampton is a town in England’s East Midlands region. The house at 78 Derngate, remodeled by architect Charles Rennie Mackintosh in 1916–1917, is now a museum. Abington Park Museum has local history and fashion exhibits. Barnes Meadow Nature Reserve has grassland and wetland bird habitats. Sywell Country Park, built around a former reservoir, includes meadows, a playground and a native butterfly garden.