Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Golborne is a town within the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, in Greater Manchester, England. It lies 5.4 miles south-southeast of Wigan, 6.1 miles northeast of Warrington and 13.8 miles to the west of the city of Manchester. Combined with the neighbouring town of Lowton, it has a population of 24,041.
Within the boundaries of the historic county of Lancashire, Golborne owes most of its growth to the mining and textile industries. There was also significant agricultural activity, and many farms still belong to the families who originally owned them.