Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Filton is a suburban town and civil parish in South Gloucestershire, England, north of the City of Bristol and approximately 5 miles (8 km) from the city centre. The town centres upon Filton Church, which dates back to the 12th century and is a Grade II listed building. The name of the town comes from the Old English feleþe (hay), and tūn (farm, field). The name dates back to at least 1187.Filton has large areas of open space which include several playing fields, a golf course and the former Filton Airport (closed in 2012). Filton is perfect for accessibility, the A38 (Gloucester Rd N) linking onto the A4174 (Link Rd) are right on top of Filton (Filton Roundabout) with a main B road (B4056) coming off it right into Filton.