Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
This southern town in London is a booming cultural area, in a prime location for workers who need to commute. Found close to Gatwick Airport, and only a fifteen minute train journey from East Croydon to the Airport, the large town is easily accessible and has great transport links to various areas across London and indeed across south of England.
Croydon has to offer some very unique attractions too, making it both a nice place to live, and a popular tourist attraction. These include the Croydon Airport Visitor Centre, the Museum of Croydon and Boxpark Croydon, to name but a few. These places are bustling tourist and resident attractions, and keep businesses going and residents occupied in the area.
On top of all this, Croydon has many beautiful locations and stunning nature walks to occupy your free time, including Coombe Wood, Wandle Park and Millers Pond.