Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
A beautiful city located in the heart of Cheshire, it is famed across Britain as one of the most beautiful and history-rich areas in all of the United Kingdom. Boasting impressive landmarks, such as Roman Walls, Cathedrals, and the famous Chester Zoo, tourism and sightseeing in Cheshire is a walk in the park. Cheshire is also not far from the coast, and is conveniently placed, within an hour from Liverpool, Manchester and the Welsh border.
The city is also not far from various motorways, including the M6 and the M56, two well-maintained and commonly used motorways in the North West. The city is also surrounded by many major roads and A-road systems, making it easily accessible and easy to travel to and from across the North West of England. There is also Chester Train Station, should one want to travel a little further or quicker in and out of the city.