Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Avonmouth is a port and outer suburb of Bristol, England facing two rivers: the reinforced north bank of the final stage of the Avon which rises at sources in Wiltshire, Gloucestershire and Somerset; and the eastern shore of the Severn Estuary. Strategically the area has been and remains an important part of the region's maritime economy particularly for larger vessels for the unloading and exporting of heavier goods as well as in industry including warehousing, light industry, electrical power and sanitation. The area contains a junction of and is connected to the south by the M5 motorway and other roads, railway tracks and paths to the north, south-east and east.