Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Armthorpe is a village and civil parish which forms the eastern edge of the Doncaster urban sprawl within the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster, South Yorkshire, England. Historically within the West Riding of Yorkshire, it has a population of 12,630, increasing to 14,457 at the 2011 Census. Today, on average, Armthorpe remains one of the more affluent areas of Doncaster. Like all urban populated areas, Armthorpe does contain areas which suffer from low esteem. These areas are mainly located in the former pit stock housing with more affluent households being located in the cul-de-sac and bungalow housing stock that dominates the Ward. Armthorpe has a thriving local community with an abundance of shops and amenities. New industries and jobs have moved into the area and are centred on the distribution centres that are located next to the M18 Motorway operated by Global distribution players such as IKEA and Fellowes.