Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Alveston is a village, civil parish and former manor in South Gloucestershire, England, inhabited in 2014 by about 3,000 people. The village lies 1 mile (1.6 km) south of Thornbury and 10 miles (16 km) north of Bristol. Alveston is twinned with Courville sur Eure, France. The civil parish also includes the villages of Rudgeway and Earthcott. Even though Alveston is a small village, it has the A38 running right next to it so it makes things a lot easier for people that are trying to access the village and other surrounding villages.