Waiters take orders and serve food and beverages to patrons at tables in dining establishment. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- • excellent customer service skills
- • an interest in food and drink
- • high standards of personal hygiene
- • the ability to remain calm under pressure
- • an awareness of health and safety issues
- • the ability to memorise orders
- • good numeracy skills for dealing with bills and payments
- • the ability to work on your own and as part of a team
You will not usually need any specific qualifications to work as a waiter or waitress, but you will need a good standard of maths and English and excellent 'people' skills. Previous experience of customer service would also give you an advantage.
Ackworth is a village and civil parish in the metropolitan borough of Wakefield, West Yorkshire, England. It stands between Pontefract, Barnsley and Doncaster on the River Went. The village has four parts, High Ackworth, Low Ackworth, Ackworth Moor Top, and Bracken hill. The 2001 census gave it a population of 6,493, which rose to 7,049 at the 2011 Census. There is also a city ward called Ackworth, North Elmsall and Upton, with a 2011 Census population of 16,099. Linked by a roundabout, Doncaster Road (A628) and Barnsley Road both run through, and past Ackworth, making it extremely accessible as these are both A roads.