Training managers organise and manage training programmes within an organisation. They make sure staff gain and develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively.
You will need to have:
- • the ability to relate to staff at all levels
- • leadership and influencing skills
- • excellent communication and negotiating skills
- • organisational, planning and time management skills
- • the ability to coach people and give constructive feedback
- • confident presentation skills
- • the ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- • advanced IT skills.
You will ned experience in the sector usually as a training officer. A degree or postgraduate qualification in an area such as business studies, human resources or communications could work to your advantage.
The quaint town in Somerset in the south of England does not suffer from being a more rural location, and still has a more than ample supply of entertainment, places to visit and daytime activities. These range from visits to Military Museums such as the Fleet Air Arm Museum, to more eclectic excursions, such as a visit to Cary Alpacas. Supplementing the days out, are the consistent promise of scenic days out, to places such as Ninesprings Country Park or Tintihull Garden. For the more prolific shoppers out there, Yeovil still has plenty to keep your everyday needs in check, with the Quedam Shopping Centre found in the heart of Yeovil town.
The town is easily accessed by the A30 and the A37, and has both the Yeovil Pen Mill and the Yeovil Junction Train Stations, offering various additional travel options for people that are perhaps travelling or commuting further, or simply for an additional means of travel around the South West of England.