Training managers organise and manage training programmes within an organisation. They make sure staff gain and develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively.
You will need to have:
- • the ability to relate to staff at all levels
- • leadership and influencing skills
- • excellent communication and negotiating skills
- • organisational, planning and time management skills
- • the ability to coach people and give constructive feedback
- • confident presentation skills
- • the ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- • advanced IT skills.
You will ned experience in the sector usually as a training officer. A degree or postgraduate qualification in an area such as business studies, human resources or communications could work to your advantage.
This small and rural town not far from Oxford is a stunning countryside location, whilst not being overly secluded. Our Meridian branch in Witney is based in the town centre, which has ample places to shop and offers various daytime activities, such as a Cineworld and Witney and District Museum.
Whilst Whitney itself doesn’t have its own train station, it is not far from the train station at Hanborough, which is only a short drive down the A4095. Being so close to Oxford, Witney can be accessed via many major road routes, such as the A40, M40 and A420. Oxford similarly has its own train station, so you really aren’t stuck for travel options, despite being a more rural town. Witney therefore balances a quieter and less demanding life which may be the case in a major city, without being too isolated from travel and shopping options.