Training managers organise and manage training programmes within an organisation. They make sure staff gain and develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively.
You will need to have:
- • the ability to relate to staff at all levels
- • leadership and influencing skills
- • excellent communication and negotiating skills
- • organisational, planning and time management skills
- • the ability to coach people and give constructive feedback
- • confident presentation skills
- • the ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- • advanced IT skills.
You will ned experience in the sector usually as a training officer. A degree or postgraduate qualification in an area such as business studies, human resources or communications could work to your advantage.
Rossington is a civil parish and former mining village in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster in South Yorkshire and is surrounded by countryside and the market towns of Bawtry and Tickhill.
Named in Anglo-Saxon meaning 'Farm on the Moor', Roman remains have been found in Rossington. Before Henry VII it was in Nottinghamshire and is made up of a number of hamlets and villages. The expansion in this area came with the growth of the Rossington Main Colliery in the mid-twentieth century. This brought jobs and people to Rossington but the decline of the industry hit the area hard. Today, there has been a lot of money invested in regeneration and it is growing.
Just off the A638 and M18, Rossington boasts easy access around Yorkshire and nearby towns and cities. Doncaster is just 5.2 miles away and that is also where the nearest train station is found. Robin Hood airport is less than 10 minutes by car.