Training managers organise and manage training programmes within an organisation. They make sure staff gain and develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively.
You will need to have:
- • the ability to relate to staff at all levels
- • leadership and influencing skills
- • excellent communication and negotiating skills
- • organisational, planning and time management skills
- • the ability to coach people and give constructive feedback
- • confident presentation skills
- • the ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- • advanced IT skills.
You will ned experience in the sector usually as a training officer. A degree or postgraduate qualification in an area such as business studies, human resources or communications could work to your advantage.
Golborne is a town within the Metropolitan Borough of Wigan, in Greater Manchester, England. It lies 5.4 miles south-southeast of Wigan, 6.1 miles northeast of Warrington and 13.8 miles to the west of the city of Manchester. Combined with the neighbouring town of Lowton, it has a population of 24,041.
Within the boundaries of the historic county of Lancashire, Golborne owes most of its growth to the mining and textile industries. There was also significant agricultural activity, and many farms still belong to the families who originally owned them.