Training managers organise and manage training programmes within an organisation. They make sure staff gain and develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively.
You will need to have:
- • the ability to relate to staff at all levels
- • leadership and influencing skills
- • excellent communication and negotiating skills
- • organisational, planning and time management skills
- • the ability to coach people and give constructive feedback
- • confident presentation skills
- • the ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- • advanced IT skills.
You will ned experience in the sector usually as a training officer. A degree or postgraduate qualification in an area such as business studies, human resources or communications could work to your advantage.
Filton is a suburban town and civil parish in South Gloucestershire, England, north of the City of Bristol and approximately 5 miles (8 km) from the city centre. The town centres upon Filton Church, which dates back to the 12th century and is a Grade II listed building. The name of the town comes from the Old English feleþe (hay), and tūn (farm, field). The name dates back to at least 1187.Filton has large areas of open space which include several playing fields, a golf course and the former Filton Airport (closed in 2012). Filton is perfect for accessibility, the A38 (Gloucester Rd N) linking onto the A4174 (Link Rd) are right on top of Filton (Filton Roundabout) with a main B road (B4056) coming off it right into Filton.