Training managers organise and manage training programmes within an organisation. They make sure staff gain and develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively.
You will need to have:
- • the ability to relate to staff at all levels
- • leadership and influencing skills
- • excellent communication and negotiating skills
- • organisational, planning and time management skills
- • the ability to coach people and give constructive feedback
- • confident presentation skills
- • the ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- • advanced IT skills.
You will ned experience in the sector usually as a training officer. A degree or postgraduate qualification in an area such as business studies, human resources or communications could work to your advantage.
Crofton is a village near Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England, about 4 miles (6 km) south-east of the city, some 6 miles (10 km) to the west of the town of Pontefract, and 4 miles (6 km) from the town of Featherstone. The population of the civil parish at the time of the 2011 census was 5,781. Crofton is located on the A638 road that runs between Wakefield and Doncaster and serves as the village's lifeline. There are several bus routes which run from Crofton:
• 148, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Knottingley and Pontefract via Crofton.
• 195/196, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Hemsworth via Crofton and Walton.
• 485, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to South Elmsall via Ackworth Crofton and Agbrigg.
• 496/497, Arriva Yorkshire – Wakefield to Upton via Belle Vue, Crofton and South Elmsall.
• The P2/6, Poppletons Coaches – Pontefract to Wakefield via NEW College, North Featherstone, Ackton, Sharlston, Crofton and Walton