Training managers organise and manage training programmes within an organisation. They make sure staff gain and develop the skills they need to carry out their jobs effectively.
You will need to have:
- • the ability to relate to staff at all levels
- • leadership and influencing skills
- • excellent communication and negotiating skills
- • organisational, planning and time management skills
- • the ability to coach people and give constructive feedback
- • confident presentation skills
- • the ability to write reports, keep records, and work within budgets
- • advanced IT skills.
You will ned experience in the sector usually as a training officer. A degree or postgraduate qualification in an area such as business studies, human resources or communications could work to your advantage.
Bradley Stoke is a town in South Gloucestershire, England, situated on the north side of the city of Bristol, 6 miles (10 kilometres) northeast of Bristol city centre and 103 miles (166 km) due west of London. Not far from the Severn Estuary of the Bristol Channel, Bradley Stoke is bordered by three motorways; the M5 to the north, the M4 to the east and the M32 to the south. Planned in the 1970s, building began in 1987. Bradley Stoke was Europe's largest new town built with private investment and was named after the local Bradley Brook and Stoke Brook streams. The Willow Brook Centre, Bradley Stoke's town centre and shopping hub, has more than six million visitors every year. The town is predominantly residential but was planned on a self-standing basis with retail, leisure and commercial areas in the North, South and Central areas, and various business parks on the outskirts of the town.