The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers working on a game. They ensure art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing either the overall artistic vision or exceeding the technical limits of the chosen platform.
You will need:
- technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, and graphics-related programming languages such as shaders
- have extensive knowledge of art packages ranging from modelling to texturing and special effects
- be able to customise art packages
- be able to work well as part of a team
- have good communication
- people management skills
- be able to work with minimum supervision
- have excellent organisational skills
- be able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- have knowledge of console hardware architecture
- be highly skilled in the use of 3D graphics software
- be able to anticipate the needs of the artists so as to streamline their productivity
- have knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
You will generally need at least a degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject, to be a Technical Artist. However, experience working on wide range of projects, both in terms of art tools and game hardware, is the most important requirement for the role.
South Kirkby is a town in the City of Wakefield in West Yorkshire, England which is governed locally by South Kirkby and Moorthorpe Town Council. The town forms half of the civil parish of South Kirkby and Moorthorpe. The parish has a population of 10,979. South Kirkby is served by two railway stations with a distance of one mile (1.6 km) between them. Moorthorpe railway station is on line between Leeds and Sheffield with services being an hour on weekdays and Saturdays with a two-hourly service on Sundays. South Elmsall railway station is on the line between Doncaster and Leeds with also an hourly service on weekdays and Saturdays with Sunday being every two-hourly. Both stations are served by Northern.