The Technical Artist acts as a bridge between the Artists and Programmers working on a game. They ensure art assets can be easily integrated into a game without sacrificing either the overall artistic vision or exceeding the technical limits of the chosen platform.
You will need:
- technical proficiency in areas such as lighting and rendering, texturing, and graphics-related programming languages such as shaders
- have extensive knowledge of art packages ranging from modelling to texturing and special effects
- be able to customise art packages
- be able to work well as part of a team
- have good communication
- people management skills
- be able to work with minimum supervision
- have excellent organisational skills
- be able to think creatively to resolve technical challenges and limitations
- have knowledge of console hardware architecture
- be highly skilled in the use of 3D graphics software
- be able to anticipate the needs of the artists so as to streamline their productivity
- have knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures
You will generally need at least a degree in a relevant visual art or technical subject, to be a Technical Artist. However, experience working on wide range of projects, both in terms of art tools and game hardware, is the most important requirement for the role.
Next is one of the biggest employers in the area.
Getting to Next - Elmsall Drive Warehouse
What are the nearest stations to Next - Elmsall Drive Warehouse?
The nearest stations to Next - Elmsall Drive Warehouse are:
Elmsall Drive Dale Ln Ind Est, North Elmsall is 91 meters away, 2 min walk.
Dale Lane Elmsall Wy, South Elmsall is 818 meters away, 11 min walk.
Which Bus lines stop near Next - Elmsall Drive Warehouse?
Which Train lines stop near Next - Elmsall Drive Warehouse?
These Train lines stop near Next - Elmsall Drive Warehouse: NORTHERN.