Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
This small and rural town not far from Oxford is a stunning countryside location, whilst not being overly secluded. Our Meridian branch in Witney is based in the town centre, which has ample places to shop and offers various daytime activities, such as a Cineworld and Witney and District Museum.
Whilst Whitney itself doesn’t have its own train station, it is not far from the train station at Hanborough, which is only a short drive down the A4095. Being so close to Oxford, Witney can be accessed via many major road routes, such as the A40, M40 and A420. Oxford similarly has its own train station, so you really aren’t stuck for travel options, despite being a more rural town. Witney therefore balances a quieter and less demanding life which may be the case in a major city, without being too isolated from travel and shopping options.