Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
The city of Wakefield in West Yorkshire, is one of many of Yorkshire’s cities that boasts some of the most stunning and classical architectural history England has to offer. Buildings such as The Hepworth Gallery, Wakefield Cathedral and Sandal Castle are all stand alone attractions, not to mention the unmissable scenery in the area, notably Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Nostell Priory and Parkland. Wakefield truly is a place with endless activities and beautiful locations.
Despite sounding like an undiscovered paradise, Wakefield actually lies in the heart of England, not far from Leeds. For this reason, Wakefield has the M1 running alongside the western side of the city, and to the east, various A-roads such as the A61 and A650. As an additional means of transport, Wakefield Kirkgate and Westgate train stations offer the option of train transport around the area and further afield. Leeds Airport is also only around 20 miles away from Wakefield, allowing an accessible option for flights from within the area.