Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
The South-Eastern town in London is a thriving urban town, and is known as the hearth for English Rugby, with its very own Twickenham Stadium – which is one of the main attractions of the town. Being part of Greater London, some of London’s vast wealth is visible throughout the town, with various notable architectural landmarks, including the London Marriot Hotel, Strawberry Hill House and Garden, and the aforementioned Twickenham Stadium, to name but a few of the local attractions.
Being part of the thriving borough of Greater London, there are naturally several transport options available to someone living and working in the Twickenham area. A selection of train stations are available on various sides of the town, including Whitton, Strawberry Hill, and St. Margaret’s. Twickenham is also located near the banks of the River Thames, and is only five miles from Heathrow Airport. If this wasn’t enough, Twickenham is not far from the M3, M4, or the A316 and A307. With all these transport options available, it is not surprising that Twickenham is such a bustling town in the borough of London.