Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
Our Trafford Park branch is part of one of the most widely-recognised industrial estates in Manchester, as Trafford Park is known for being a historical, industrial powerhouse in the North West. Which comes as no surprise considering the Manchester Ship Canal and Bridgewater Canal run right through it, of which the Salford Quays is found on the other side.
Bustling with industry and growing businesses such as Kellogg’s, Screwfix, and many more, forming nearly one and half thousand businesses in the area, and employing many more. It is a great place to find growing businesses, constant projects and construction jobs, and ongoing renovations and refurbishments.
On top of this, Trafford Park is within five minutes’ drive of The Trafford Centre and Trafford Retail Park and is across the Manchester Ship Canal from Salford Quays. Transport links are therefore abundant, with various buses to and from The Trafford Centre, The Quays, the City Centre, and within Trafford Park itself. Additionally, the M60 Ring Road goes around Trafford, with junctions at Altrincham, Sale, Stretford and Urmston alike, so there is no shortage of fast travel options across Trafford either.