Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
Home to many infamous sights, the southern town of Salisbury is a great place to live and work and has a thriving tourism economy. Located in the south of England, not far from Southampton, Bath and Bournemouth, there are several unmissable and world-famous tourist attractions in the area, most notably the Stonehenge. But this should not overshadow the other numerous attractions in the town, including Salisbury Cathedral, Stourhead Gardens, and Old Sarum. There are also more artisan attractions, such as the Salisbury Farmer’s Market and Charter Market, which are both great visits for tourists and locals alike.
Due to its thriving tourist demand, it is necessary for Salisbury to keep on top of its travelling options. For this reason, there are no shortage of major roads around the town, including the A36 and the A30. Salisbury train station also provides and additional means of transport to further afield locations around the south of England. Whilst Salisbury itself does not offer an international airport, Southampton airport is only 45 minutes’ drive away.