Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
Known as one of the more modern and picturesque places in Manchester, our branch in the Salford Quays is but one of many unique and flourishing businesses in the media-orientated section of Greater Manchester.
Surrounded by thriving businesses such as the BBC, ITV, The Lowry Theatre, and the Lowry shopping centre which in and amongst itself is a tourist and local attraction. Not far from other famed Manchester tourist attractions either, such as Manchester United’s very own Old Trafford Football Stadium, The Imperial War Museum, and the rest of Trafford Park.
It is also situated right nearby to Chester Road (A56), one of the most used roads for public transport from Trafford into the City Centre. A plethora of trams and buses all travel in and around Salford Quays to ensure you are never more than ten minutes’ walk from public transport.