Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
The large town in Northern Yorkshire, is the most populated area in the county of Northern Yorkshire. The eastern town, not far from the coast, is found as a somewhat middle ground town, between larger cities such as York and Newcastle. Despite this, Middlesbrough still stands on its own two feet, with its own very successful Middlesbrough Football Club, the naturally beautiful Roseberry Topping, as well as a larger percentage of employees in sectors such as Education and Health, compared to the average percentage for the country as a whole – making it a great place to work as part of a recruitment agency as well.
In addition to the diverse benefits of the town and the various things it has to offer, being such a staple town in Northern Yorkshire, it is unsurprising that travel to Middlesbrough is made easy; the A1(M) and A66 both ease travel around the area, as well as the A19 and A172 both explicitly helping motor travel around the town. The town also includes several train stations, including Thornaby, Middlesbrough and James Cook University Hospital Station. If this wasn’t enough, Teesside Airport is within 20 minutes’ drive of the town as well.