Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
The founding city of Meridian Business Support. A city famed for its hard-working and humble people, symbolised by the Manchester Bee. The cities roots are reflected by the fact that thirty years later, Meridian’s head office is still located there.
Notorious around world for being the birthplace of the industrial revolution, Manchester has a profound history in science, politics, music, arts and sport. These can be seen with the various tourist attractions including numerous museums, including the Museum of Science and Industry, Manchester Art Museum, and The Manchester Museum. Every year is capped off with the famous Manchester Christmas Markets, which see the centre of town lit up in festivities.
The city has modern and up-to-date transport systems and structures, whilst still flaunting stunning, classic architecture in the city centre and dotted around the city’s boroughs. Meridian is but one of the many staple businesses that make up this beautiful working city. There are countless ways of travelling around the City, be it in your car using the many road networks and motorway systems, Tram (of which most areas have a nearby stop), or the multiple train and bus stations.