Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
This beautiful southern city on the south-west peninsular of England borders the coast of the English Channel, and has a wealth of options which make it a great place to live and work. Located in the county of Devon, Exeter is one of the many tourist hotspots in the area. Exeter Cathedral, Powderham Castle and the Underground Passages are some of the many things to do in the city. Being a coastal city, and based on the River Exe, various water-sporting activities are also offered, as a more unique and fun experience.
The M5 continues to run down into the South-West of England, past Exeter, providing a solid means of transport in the seemingly more isolated area. In addition to the M5, a succession of A-roads sprawl out around Exeter, connecting the city with other areas, such as Plymouth, accessible using the A38, or Barnstaple using the A377. Exeter also has multiple train stations, with Exeter St James, Exeter Central and Polsloe Bridge to name but a few. Exeter Airport also lies just eastward of the city, providing additional travel options both for Exeter and the surrounding towns and cities.