Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
Situated centrally in the mainland British Isles, Derby is a picturesque city, with a pleasant mix of rural and urban landscapes, making it both a practical yet attractive place to live and work.
With several notable parks, historic sites and gardens to visit, Derby flaunts a wide array of historic and beautiful attractions. Yet the city is also supplemented with various shopping locations, such as the Intu Derby and the Derby Market Hall. On top of this, the public transport around Derby is made easy with bus services, Derby railway station, and various coach and private hire services. On top of this, the M6 and M1 both run on opposite sides of the city, meaning travel to further away locations from Derby is easy enough too.
Derby hosts a vast array of rural and scenic locations, whilst still being a developed and growing town in the middle of England, with great transport links in and out of the city.