Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
This southern town in London is a booming cultural area, in a prime location for workers who need to commute. Found close to Gatwick Airport, and only a fifteen minute train journey from East Croydon to the Airport, the large town is easily accessible and has great transport links to various areas across London and indeed across south of England.
Croydon has to offer some very unique attractions too, making it both a nice place to live, and a popular tourist attraction. These include the Croydon Airport Visitor Centre, the Museum of Croydon and Boxpark Croydon, to name but a few. These places are bustling tourist and resident attractions, and keep businesses going and residents occupied in the area.
On top of all this, Croydon has many beautiful locations and stunning nature walks to occupy your free time, including Coombe Wood, Wandle Park and Millers Pond.