Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
The small town not far from the city of Gloucester, is located near the Anglo-Welsh border, near south Wales. The town is known for being quite upmarket, which isn’t surprising considering the town is so famous, especially for the grand spectacle that is the yearly horse races that have taken place there annually since 1911. The town has many picturesque locations worth visiting, which includes various parks such as Pittville and the Imperial Gardens. With such a rich and diverse history, several buildings such as the Everyman Theatre, Montpellier District, and Pittville Water Pump all are worth seeing.
Being the tourist hotspot that it is, combined with its success as a town, transport links around Cheltenham are of course well-established. This includes several A-roads such as the A40, and it is within 5 miles of the M5. This is incredibly convenient as Gloucestershire Airport is along the M5, and is similarly less than 5 miles from Cheltenham town. Cheltenham Spa train station also provides an additional means of transport should one be looking for it.