Technical architects, also called IT systems architects, work closely with project managers, software developers and designers to plan and build IT systems.
The Skills Required
You will need to have:
- excellent communication skills, with the ability to understand client requirements
- strong problem-solving skills
- the ability to build good relationships with clients and colleagues
- the ability to gather and interpret data
- excellent presentation skill
- a broad knowledge of technologies and applications
- the ability to explain ideas clearly to technical and non-technical staff
- a knowledge of industry quality standards, legislation and best practice
- the ability to work effectively under pressure and to deadlines
- a flexible and adaptable approach
- a commitment to keep up to date with technology
You will normally be expected to have a degree or postgraduate qualification. Relevant subjects include:
- computer science or computer engineering
- information management systems
- business information systems
- software development
This south-western city unsurprisingly borders the Bristol Channel in the south of England. Home to many notable landmarks, such as Clifton Suspension Bridge, Brunel’s SS, Bristol Zoo and Cabot Tower, Bristol is a thriving coastal city, with a growing population and many thriving businesses, of which Meridian is but one of many. Bristol is a well-renowned city across the world for various reasons, one of which is that it’s the birthplace of many famous people such as Banksy, Russell Howard, Maisie Williams and Ian Lavender to name just a handful.
With such a prominent history, both recent and over the centuries, Bristol has become a focal point in the South-West and is a major city. With this comes the expectation of good transport links, and Bristol well and truly delivers. Alongside the added bonus of being a coastal city, Bristol has an abundance of A-roads around the Bristol area, such as the A36 and A38, and several motorway connections including the M4, M5 and M32, road coverage around the area is more than adequate - regardless of what direction you want to head, including across the border into Wales. With numerous stations dotted around the city too, including large stations such as Bristol Temple Meads, railway travel is also a totally viable option for the surrounding areas. Bristol airport is also located just South-West of the main city, again adding another layer of potential transport options.