As a Systems Administrator you will be responsible for maintaining the computer systems of a company. Server management features heavily in this role, and you’ll be responsible for helping install, maintain and upgrading servers as the company requires.
The Skills Required
You will need:
- excellent customer care skills
- a clear and friendly telephone voice
- good computer skills
- excellent communication skills
- good teamwork skills
- the ability to work unsupervised
- the ability to work quickly and under pressure
- a professional attitude when dealing with customers
- Foreign language skills may be useful for some jobs.
In some cases no formal qualifications are required, on the other hand, you can study for a Computer Sciences degree or other computer related courses and gain your experience of prevailing systems as you work.
Qualifications such as a Bachelor degree, with a technical subject such as engineering or computer science can, of course be taken before work but gaining yourself an internship and becoming certified in a specific server program are also good ways to begin your career.
Wadworth is a village and civil parish in the Metropolitan Borough of Doncaster in South Yorkshire, England. It has a population of 1,229, reducing to 1,137 at the 2011 Census. Notable buildings in the village include Wadworth Hall and the parish church of St John the Baptist.